Civilizations fall not because of disunity amongst thier Kings or civilians but because of injustice and inequity. It is the God who is the Greatest not civilisations. Of course this does not mean that we should stop building civilisations. But they should be built on the principles of justice and equity as mandated by God and not on supremacy of nations.
- Al-Quran 28:58-59 And how many a city have We destroyed that was insolent in its way of living, and those are their dwellings which have not been inhabited after them except briefly. And it is We who were the inheritors. Nor was thy Lord the one to destroy a population until He had sent to its center a messenger, rehearsing to them Our Signs; nor are We going to destroy a population except when its members practice iniquity.
- Al-Quran 17:58 And there is no city but that We will destroy it before the Day of Resurrection or punish it with a severe punishment. That has ever been in the Register inscribed.
- Al-Quran 69:9-10 And there came Pharaoh and those before him and the overturned cities with sin. And they disobeyed the messenger of their Lord, so He seized them with a seizure exceeding [in severity].
- Al-Quran 53:50-61 It was He who totally destroyed the former Ad and Thamud tribes, and before them the people of Noah who were even more unjust and insolent; and He overthrew the subverted cities [of Sodom and Gomorrah] and then covered them from sight forever. On which then of your Lord’s signs do you cast doubt? This is a warning just like those of former times. The Hour that was to come draws ever nearer. None but God can avert it. Do you then find these tidings strange? Why do you laugh rather than weep? Will you remain proudly heedless? Prostrate yourselves before God, and worship Him alone!
- Al-Quran 47:12 Those who deny the truth may take their fill of pleasure in this world, and eat as cattle do, but the Fire will be their ultimate abode. How many towns We have destroyed, greater in strength than your city which has driven you out, and there was no one to help them.
- Al-Quran 47:14 Can then he who takes his stand on clear evidence from his God be likened to those for whom the evil that they do is made to look beautiful, and who follow their own desires?
- Al-Quran 3:110 You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah.
- Al-Quran 43:31-32 They said, ‘Why was this Quran not sent down to one of the great men of the two cities?’ Is it they who apportion the mercy of your Lord? It is We who distribute among them their livelihood in the life of this world, and raise some of them above others in rank, so that they may take one another into service; and the mercy of your Lord is better than [the wealth] which they amass.
- Al-Quran 43:20-25 They say, ‘If the All Merciful had so willed, we would not have worshipped them.’ They have no knowledge of that. They are only conjecturing.Have We given them a Book before this, to which they are holding fast? No indeed! They say, ‘We have found our fathers following a certain course, and we are guided by their footsteps.’ Whenever We sent a messenger before you to warn a township, the affluent among them said, in the same way, ‘We saw our fathers following this tradition; we are only following in their footsteps.’ Each messenger said, ‘What if I should bring you better guidance than what you found your forefathers had?’ They replied, ‘We reject any message you have been sent with!’ So We wreaked Our vengeance on them: now see what was the end of those who rejected [the Truth]!