A very renowned Islamic scholar (may Allah bless him) once said that science tells us how things happen but Quran tells us why things happen and the force behind them all. So true Subhanallah! Holy Quran is one of the few religious scriptures that never stood in the way of scientific discoveries and explorations so much so that one verse of Holy Quran asks humankind to go even beyond the realms of sun and moon if they can, Allahu Akbar! In fact, the very first verse of the Quran exhorts humankind to read and explore. In many of its verses, it possibly gives hints about major scientific discoveries such as Big-Bang, evolution, cycles of creation, the origin of living things from water, etc. Many of the verses remind humankind that how everything has been created in due proportion and balanced manner.
- Al-Quran 21:30 Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder?We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
- Al-Quran 86:5 So let man reflect (introspect) from what he was created.
- Al-Quran 25:54 It is He Who has created man from water: then has He established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord has power (over all things).
- Al-Quran 30:27 It is He Who begins (the process of) creation; then repeats it; and for Him it is most easy. To Him belongs the loftiest similitude (we can think of) in the heavens and the earth: for He is Exalted in Might, full of wisdom.
- Al-Quran 29:44- Allah created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): verily in that is a Sign for those who believe.
- Al-Quran 82:1-3Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High, Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion; Who hath ordained laws. And granted guidance;
- Al-Quran 10:5-6 It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand. Verily, in the alternation of the night and the day, and in all that Allah hath created, in the heavens and the earth, are signs for those who fear Him.
- Al-Quran 55:33-34 If you have the power to go beyond the realms of the heavens and the earth, pass beyond them: you cannot pass out but with our authority. Which of your Lord’s wonders would you deny?